Modern Water’s Water Monitoring Division is a specialty manufacturer of water quality monitoring equipment that measures toxicity and the presence of trace metals. Our products help protect water systems, improve processes and assist customers avoid regulatory penalties. Modern Water is a part of Deepverge PLC. Deepverge (formerly Integumen) is a vertically integrated business, collaborating technology platforms with partners in artificial intelligence, clinical research, water technologies, medical devices and life sciences.
Application Engineers at Modern Water are the primary technical resource for both the field sales force and distribution partners and are responsible for assisting both during the customer technology evaluation stage. Working in conjunction with the sales team as technical advisor and product advocate, the Application Engineer must be able to identify, prepare and provide reliable training, and solutions to technical issues and customer concerns. Working in conjunction with operations teams, the Application Engineer is responsible for new application development, technology improvement activities and new product evaluations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Product Knowledge: Achieve and maintain expert level of product knowledge and application details for all core markets (Toxicity and Trace Metals).
- Support our sales team in general.
- Articulate our technology and product positioning details to both business and technical users.
- Provide Technical data, specification development, and instrument design review for on-line instrumentation customers during the sales process.
- Design and perform technical/product training for sales people, customers, and distributors.
- Generate technical documentation (articles, case studies, presentations) as needed for our product lines.
- Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with company values and financial objectives.
- Assist in the design and development of new products and applications as needed
- Provide design and specification development support to vendors, development partners.
- Perform alpha and beta testing of new instruments and applications.
- Up to 60% travel
- to project sites to perform installation, commissioning, and training services
- to tradeshows, trade meetings, technical consortia for sales support, research, and presentation
- for training of customers and distributors
- Maintain accurate records of opportunities, quotes, projects, contacts and correspondence in company approved databases
- Provide status of ongoing projects and activities.
- Seek and identify customer’s needs and sales opportunities to help future company growth
- Provide a leadership example for employees and organization
- Maintain a safe, positive work environment for all supervisees.
- Communicate with other departments to quickly resolve customer performance problems.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training new employees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.S/B.A. in a biochemistry/microbiology/engineering field
- Good mechanical and mathematical abilities and the ability to make critical judgments.
- Computer proficiency – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project or equivalent expertise is preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Consistently sets and meets goals through planning.
- Identifies and resolves issues unaided.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to apply priority management skills and assess the risk/benefits of decisions and actions.
Work Environment / Other requirements
At Modern Water our work environment can vary significantly from job to job. Ability to lift or move 50 pounds and work/travel in environment with varied temperatures and humidity. Ability to grasp and hold small objects, full range of motion, and to wear personal protective devices. This position may expose the employee to fumes or airborne particles, biohazards, and toxic or caustic chemicals. Daily contact with employees in other departments is required. Willing to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as requested. Position may require travel, up to 60%.