China Sales Manager
Modern Water’s Water Monitoring Division is a specialty manufacturer of water quality monitoring equipment that measures toxicity and the presence of trace metals. Our products help protect water systems, improve processes and assists customers avoid regulatory penalties.
The Sales Manager is the primary front-line sales representative for strategic accounts and is vital to our organization’s ability to deliver customer value and drive accelerated growth. The Sales Manager works within a strong network of talented professionals who provide industry leading customer service and support.
This role is responsible for strategic sales, targeting large customer accounts with multiple influencers in their assigned geographic territory. This position will be responsible for all sales resources in country, promoting the company products and driving incremental sales. Working from a home office, or the main office in Shanghai, this highly autonomous role requires strong business acumen, planning, and the ability to execute strategically.
- Develops annual sales plans to achieve assigned targets and manages sales personnel within China in order to meet sales goals. To be done in close conjunction with the Country Manager.
- Participates in sales activities including customer site visits, telephone contacts, trade seminars and shows, product demonstrations/evaluations, customer seminars and channel management.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with direct customers and channel partners including consultancy and engineering firms, independent distributors and resellers.
- Collects and reports information on all competitive activity, business opportunities, sales trends and results within the assigned market providing input during monthly business review.
- Executes planned activities and provides monthly reports to the Country Manager.
- Manages all opportunities following standard sales process steps.
- Prepares and presents a monthly pipeline review to demonstrate the quality of the pipeline, activity plans and command of the account base.
- Prepares and presents monthly forecasts by accurately managing opportunity dates, dollar value and probabilities.
Our ideal candidate has the following experience and skills:
- 5-10 years of direct sales management experience.
- B2B experience selling complex industrial products and solutions.
- BA, BS or MS degree (required). A degree in a science related field such as Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in the following vertical markets is an asset (Waste Water, Drinking Water, Mining, Power Generation, Beverage or Industrial Water).
- Formal sales training and/or experience in value selling and target account management a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 60%+ of their time within assigned territory.
- Demonstrates competence in office productivity software applications (MS Office and online CRM etc.)
- Excellent communication skills in both Mandarin and English.
- Ability to develop and execute a business plan and manage territory, including sales personnel, as if it were one’s own business.
- Engages stakeholders and internal resources to best serve customers.
- Listens to the voice of the customer and asks great questions which inspire breakthroughs for our customers.
- Willing to move to action quickly and not get derailed in details or fear of failure.
- Uses metrics, KPI, and forecasting to self-manage productivity.