Modern Water’s Water Monitoring Division is a specialty manufacturer of water quality monitoring equipment that measures toxicity and the presence of trace metals. Our products help protect water systems, improve processes and assist customers avoid regulatory penalties. Modern Water is a part of Deepverge PLC. Deepverge (formerly Integumen) is a vertically integrated business, collaborating technology platforms with partners in artificial intelligence, clinical research, water technologies, medical devices and life sciences.
The Sales Manager is the primary front-line sales representative for strategic accounts and is vital to our organization’s ability to deliver customer value and drive accelerated growth. The Sales Manager works within a strong network of talented professionals who provide industry leading customer service and support.
This role is responsible for strategic sales, targeting large customer accounts with multiple influencers in their assigned geographic territory (EU, UK and South Africa). This position will be responsible for all sales resources in Europe, promoting company products and driving incremental sales. Working from a home office with regular trips to the company’s UK office in York, UK, this highly autonomous role requires strong business acumen, planning, and the ability to execute strategically.
- Develops annual sales plans to achieve assigned targets and manages sales personnel in order to meet sales goals. To be done in close conjunction with the Chief Business Development Officer.
- Participates in sales activities including customer site visits, telephone contacts, trade seminars and shows, product demonstrations/evaluations, customer seminars, and channel management.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with direct customers and channel partners including consultancy and engineering firms, independent distributors and resellers.
- Collects and reports information on all competitive activity, business opportunities, sales trends and results within the assigned market providing input during monthly business review.
- Executes planned activities and provides monthly reports.
- Manages all opportunities following standard sales process steps.
- Prepares and presents a monthly pipeline review to demonstrate the quality of the pipeline, activity plans and command of the account base.
- Prepares and presents monthly forecasts by accurately managing opportunity dates, value and probabilities.
Our ideal candidate has the following experience and skills:
- 5-10 years of direct sales management experience.
- B2B experience selling complex industrial products and solutions. Experience selling water monitoring equipment is highly valued.
- Experience with selling mass spectrometry products in key environmental markets would be highly valued.
- BA, BS or MS degree required. A degree in a science related field such as Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in the following vertical markets is an asset Waste Water, Drinking Water, Mining, Power Generation, Beverage or Industrial Water.
- Formal sales training and/or experience in value selling and target account management a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 60%+ of their time within assigned territory.
- Demonstrates competence in office productivity software applications (MS Office or equivalent and online CRM etc.).
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Ability to develop and execute a business plan and manage territory, including sales personnel, as if it were one’s own business.
- Engages stakeholders and internal resources to best serve customers.
- Listens to the voice of the customer and asks great questions which inspire breakthroughs for our customers.
- Willing to move to action quickly and not get derailed in details or fear of failure.
- Uses metrics, KPI, and forecasting to self-manage productivity.
- Mid-Senior level