Facilities & Equipment Manager
SALARY – 25-30K DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE
At Labskin we deliver human skin microbiology services to support product R&D activities in the cosmetic, personal care, medical device and pharmaceutical sectors. With our sector experience and use of technology, our customers will be accessing industry-focused services supported by world-leading skin science expertise.
We are currently experiencing growth and therefore are now looking to recruit a Facilities and Equipment Manager. The purpose of this role is to ensure the good running of equipment and infrastructure used in the York laboratory facilities.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the effective running of all equipment including maintaining servicing logs and other relevant documentation. Including arranging and ensuring all calibrations and servicing are performed in a timely manner to minimise downtime of equipment. In addition to be the main point of contact for external service and calibration engineers.
- Develop, implement and maintain a contingency plan for any equipment failure, to ensure continuous production of Deepverge’s products and services.
- Develop and maintain an asset register and replacement schedule for all pieces of equipment and major assets, with consideration of depreciation costs, the introduction of asset numbers and service logs.
- Ensure the good running of all York site infrastructure including laboratories, offices, meeting rooms etc and effective liaison with NAFIC Site Management. Responsible for the disposal of all York site waste ensuring compliance with COSHH regulations and other relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- Act as main point of contact for group satellite labs with regards to Facilities and Equipment, providing advice, guidance and oversight where required.
- Work with the QA Manager, to ensure that all relevant quality systems are implemented and adhered to, by all team members using relevant equipment and facilities.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety regulations are adhered to within the York laboratories and offices. Liaising with relevant 3rd party Consultants and team managers to coordinate H&S training. Support and encourage the teams H&S co-ordinators to maintain safe working environments.
- Provide support and guidance to all Labskin team members where necessary, utilising the relevant people policies contained within the Employee Handbook.
- Working collaboratively with the Procurement and Logistics manager to ensure efficient and effect running of all relevant systems and processes. Working with the senior managers to increase capacity and efficiency as Deepverge grows.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Foundation degree in business studies or facilities management or other relevant subject is essential.
- Relevant qualification from either The British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) or Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (IWFM) is desirable
- Relevant experience in facilities management is essential.
- Previous experience of managing team members desirable.
- Experience of appropriate accreditation systems, e.g. ISO 9001 / 17025 / GLP.
- Previous experience and understanding of research and operational activities and the delivery of laboratory projects.
- Excellent Microsoft office and G suite skills and previous LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) experience essential
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and a strong desire to achieve high standards.
- Highly organised with an excellent attention to detail.Ability to lead, engage and motivate others.
- Resilient with capacity to work accurately, under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work efficiently and manage time as part of a team.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels (verbal & written).
- Flexible and able to adapt to change.
- Professional and enthusiastic
To apply for this position please visit:
For more information on Labskin, Modern Water and Deepverge please visit our websites.