Modern Water UK is currently seeking two Lab technicians to work with us in our laboratories in Charleville, Cork, Ireland. The starting date for this role will be mid-May. This role will be involved in the production and delivery of microbiological, biological and assay products for the Modern Water portfolio.
Modern Water Inc. is a pioneering and innovative technology company, specialising in membrane water treatment solutions and advanced monitoring products. Modern Water works in a range of industries across the globe, licensing its technology for use in a diverse range of applications. Modern Water is the environmental division of DeepVerge.
Modern Water Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for the position without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, genetics, national origin, age, disability or any other protected class.
Responsibilities and Duties:
This list is not exhaustive:
- Production of Modern Water products as required to meet customer demands.
- Working with the Team Leader to ensure there are sufficient resources in place to meet production demand.
- Perform culture of microbes, which would require occasional late or early shifts.
- Assist with updates procedures and SOP’s to align with current ISO standards.
- Routine equipment maintenance and calibration of equipment.
- Perform quality control tests on the products.
- Arranging labelling and packaging of products to meet customer demands.
- Implement and work to the relevant quality systems outlined in the Quality Manual, ensuring full compliance with production standards and procedures.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety regulations are adhered to including working within the relevant risk assessments and COSHH protocols.
- General housekeeping of laboratories.
The ideal candidate
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and a strong desire to achieve high standards.
- Highly organised with an excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work with other team members.
- Resilient with capacity to work accurately, under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work efficiently and manage time as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written).
- Flexible and able to adapt to change.
- Professional and enthusiastic.
- A willingness to learn.