Salary £12,800 rising based on performance.
York YO41 1LZ
We are looking for two Apprentices to join our team of highly skilled and driven scientists who operate in state-of-the-art laboratory facilities with the latest hi-tech equipment. A team dedicated to developing innovative products and helping you conduct validated research, experiments and tests that meet market demand and regulatory needs.
At Labskin we deliver human skin microbiology services to support product R&D activities in the cosmetic, personal care, medical device and pharmaceutical sectors. With our sector experience and use of technology, you will be joining a team of industry-focused scientists supported by world-leading skin science expertise.
Whether our clients need rapid, focused analysis or flexible tailor-made research programmes we help them develop and validate skin care ingredients and products which really work. In addition, we offer an animal cruelty-free testing model to our clients and are striving to make it a completely animal-free alternative.
Our skin model is a 3D human skin equivalent that incorporates vital biological components to model normal skin function. Developed over 12 years with more than 30 scientific journal publications, it is made from young keratinocytes (human skin cells) and adult fibroblasts (metabolically active, collagen-producing human skin cells).
Delivering our services requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
We have an exciting opportunity to be part of the Labskin 2021 Apprenticeship Program in York, starting in September 2021. As an Apprentice Laboratory Technician within Labskin, you will play an integral role in supporting all aspects of laboratory and study support functions for our Services (Microbiology and Histology), Production and R&D departments. As part of your training, you will acquire a comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of our business including general laboratory and manufacturing practices, good laboratory practice, study design, data interpretation, research and development and results write-up as well as more specialised techniques and tasks.
Capitalise on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations and take pride in providing scientific work that helps deliver cruelty-free laboratory services to the cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A good level of general knowledge and understanding of scientific matters,
- A passion for science,
- A willingness to learn,
- An A-level in Biology or Chemistry, however this is not essential,
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team,
- Great attention to detail,
- Good communication skills
In exchange for the above you will receive:
- An Advanced Apprenticeship in Laboratory Technician over the course of 24 months,
- You will study for a Level 4 Certificate of Education in Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Science at the University Centre Leeds
- An IOSH Managing Safely certificate
- A chance to Act as an Ambassador across Yorkshire for Science roles
- A salary of £12,800 in your first year rising progressively as you progress based on performance
- A generous benefits and holiday package
- Development opportunities and a chance to work on cutting-edge projects
Please send your cv by return. If you are selected you will be sent a comprehensive job information pack, you will then be tasked with sending a supporting statement, outlining why you should be considered for this apprenticeship role.
Closing date 23rd August
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com