Labskin, an innovative company part of DeepVerge plc focusing on animal free testing for the skin care and pharma industry, is seeking one laboratory scientist to join our team in its facilities at the York Biotech Campus. We are looking for an experienced scientist with expertise in cell and tissue culture.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Execute research activities within the Labskin portfolio to support a number of development
- Develop, optimize, and validate new technologies and procedures.
- Critically analyse project data, write technical reports, and clearly communicate summaries.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current industry trends, practices and standards and guide
- Implement and work to relevant quality systems, ensuring full compliance with production
standards and procedures (SOPs).
- Prepare and comply with relevant health and safety documentation, including COSHH and
- Train laboratory technicians and other team members on new procedures as required and
guide the know-how of the team regarding assay development, validation, and best
- Mentor junior colleagues, supporting both personal and professional development.
- Provide cover for routine Labskin production when required.
- PhD in the field of cell biology or similar.
- 1+ year of experience in an industrial setting.
- Experience in mammalian cell and tissue culture techniques.
- Knowledge of cellular mechanisms e.g., cell signalling, and the implications for product
- Proficiency in independently designing, conducting, and analysing research using a variety
- Cell assay development and troubleshooting experience.
- Experience working with a quality management system.
- Working knowledge of skin biology.
- Experience with 3D cell culture models.
- Histology experience (IHC).
- Molecular biology experience (nucleic acid extraction and qPCR).
- A high degree of initiative, autonomy, perseverance, and dedication as part of the Labskin
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and a strong desire to achieve high standards.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional team working skills and ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written).
- Ability to prioritise workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Flexible and adaptable.