LOCATION: YORK, ENGLAND
Skin Trust Club powered by Labskin an innovative company part DeepVerge plc, are seeking two laboratory technicians to join our team in our facilities at the York Biotech Campus. We are looking for experienced technicians with expertise in Next Generation Sequencing and other molecular biology techniques.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Carry out general laboratory workflow for Skin Trust Club metagenomics laboratory work using stablished SOPs.
- Carry out other molecular biology methods: qPCR, RT-qPCR.
- Work to the relevant quality systems outlined in the Quality Manual, ensuring full compliance with production standards and procedures.
- Maintain service delivery facilities e.g. cleaning, stock taking, and routine equipment maintenance, aliquoting and preparation of reagents and medium.
- Work within Health and Safety regulations including working within the relevant risk assessments and COSHH protocols.
- Degree in Biology/ Microbiology/Molecular Biology or similar.
- Or equivalent demonstrated experience in a genetics/genomics laboratory.
- Must have experience in, at least, some molecular biology techniques such as PCR, q-RT-PCR, NGS (Illumina MiSeq or equivalent) and 16S sequencing of bacteria.
- Handling of human samples desirable.
- A working knowledge of skin biology desirable.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and a strong desire to achieve high standards. Highly organised with an excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work with other team members
- Resilient with capacity to work accurately, under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written).
- Flexible and able to adapt to change
- Professional and enthusiastic.
Applications: Submit CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating job name.