New Castle, Delaware, USA (other locations in Europe may be considered also)
Technical Applications Specialists at Modern Water are the primary technical resource for the field sales force and our distribution partners, and are responsible for assisting both groups during the customer technology evaluation stage.Working in conjunction with the sales team as technical advisor and product advocate, the Technical Application Specialist must be able to identify, prepare and provide reliable support, solutions and training for technical issues and customer concerns. Working in conjunction with the Sales and Operations team, the Technical Applications Specialist is responsible for: –
- Product and reagent technical support,
- Training and demonstrations,
- New application development,
- Technology improvement activities, and new product evaluations.
Modern Water Inc. is seeking a mid-career professional with exceptional communication and organizational skills alongside outstanding technical know-how to fill this role.
Modern Water Inc. is a pioneering and innovative technology company, specialising in membrane water treatment solutions and advanced monitoring products. Modern Water works in a range of industries across the globe, licensing its technology for use in a diverse range of applications. Modern Water is the environmental division of DeepVerge.
Modern Water Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for the position without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, genetics, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Product Knowledge:Achieve and maintain expert level of product knowledge and application details for all core products, accessories, software interface, communications & outputs, reagents as well as vertical markets and applications (Toxicity,Trace Metals and Environmental Test kits ).
a. Support our sales team with technical knowledge and product documentation, user manuals, application notes and reports as well as hands on method excellence and the ability to demonstrate and problem solve within the global team including channel partners and end customers.
b. Articulate our technology and product positioning details to both business and technical users.
c. Provide Technical data, specification development, and instrument design review for on-line applications.
d. Design and perform technical/product training for sales people, customers, and distributors.
e. Compiling technical information into technical reports and presentations.
f. Direct generation of technical documentation (articles, case studies, presentations) as needed
for our product lines.
2. Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with company values and financial
3. Assist in the design and development of new products and applications as needed
a. Provide design and specification development support to vendors and development partners.
b. Design alpha and beta testing of new instruments and applications.
4. Up to 30% travel
a. to tradeshows, trade meetings, technical consortia for sales support, research, and presentation.
b. for training of customers and distributors.
a. A good level of engineering knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to practical problems and provide solutions
b. Communicate with other departments to quickly resolve customer performance problems.
c. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring and training new employees
6. Perform other company and position duties as assigned.
1. Masters in Environmental Science or related field, OR Bachelors in Environmental Science with a minimum of 2 years experience in application engineering, scientific sales, and/or similar field.
2. Proven track record of practical use of instrumentation in lab / field in industrial / Environmental / laboratory settings.
3. Computer proficiency- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project expertise is preferred. Experience with machine communication protocols such as 4-20mA / profibus / modbus / GSM / TCP/IP etc beneficial. Candidates with more advanced technical backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong ability to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders, including customers, other employees, and managers.
1. Consistently sets and meets goals through appropriate planning measures. Maintains appropriate documentation and aids in process development and training on processes and systems.
2. Communicates with diverse stakeholders clearly and professionally. Promotes a culture of teamwork, professionalism, and maintains a customer-centric mindset.
3. Identifies and resolves issues independently and troubleshoots matters as they arise, demonstrating logical problem-solving ability as well as the ability to explain issues clearly with simple steps for resolution.
4. Excellent organizational and managerial skills. Candidates with strong track records of successful project management are especially encouraged to apply.
5. Must be able to multi-task and pivot to various tasks as company needs vary.
6. Must be able to easily utilize priority management skills and assess the risk/benefits of decisions and actions.
7. Undertake regular training guided by the General Manager or self-directed, with the goal of increasing competence across all sales areas of the business. This may be industry- or product-specific, wth full support made available
Work Environment / Other requirements
At Modern Water our work environment can vary significantly from job to job. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to lift or move 50 pounds and work/travel in environment with varied temperatures and humidity.
- Ability to grasp and hold small objects, full range of motion, and to wear/use personal protective equipment/devices.
- This position may expose the employee to fumes or airborne particles, biohazards, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Daily contact with employees in other departments is required.
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as requested.
- Position will require travel, up to 30%.
On occasion, unusual hours of work may be required and the post holder would be expected to be flexible in this regard. Other requirements associated with this position at Modern Water are as follows:
- Ability to travel domestically as required.
- Ability to travel internationally, if required.
- Able to prove US Employment eligibility.
- Able to pass a drug screening and criminal background check.
- Holds a valid driver’s license.
- While this position is expected to be 40/week, some flexibility to work overtime/weekends when
required may be necessary.