Launch of Labskin human skin clone tests for Medical Device and Clinical Research trials
Integumen today announces the roll-out of the Labskin human clone skin testing platform into the medical device and clinical research sectors.
Combined with human volunteers doubles number of skin tests possible saving time and money
- 50% reduction of human volunteers required for each trial;
- Instantly creates a cloned twin of the human test subject;
- Reduces recruitment time;
- Cuts project management costs, supervision time and support personnel by up to 50%;
- AI integration delivers reliable comparative analytical data plus human test response data;
- Lowers error rate by reducing number of human volunteers who are not sticking to test regime;
- Increases scientific accuracy and anecdotal evidence from human clone twin tests;
- Real-time feedback through the Labskin AI platform to client; which,
- Delivers fast results, lowers development costs and reduces time to market.
Integrated Collaboration Business Model
The Integumen business model of collaboration with the Centre for Skin Sciences (CSS) in Bradford, UK, Sheffield Hallam University, UK, Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland, plus Integumen’s own enlarged Labskin laboratories in York, UK, provides access to thousands of potential student volunteers with all sorts of skin diseases, reducing the recruitment process for specific young adult prone skin diseases
Gerard Brandon, Chief Executive Officer, commented:
Regulatory pressures have increased the demand for skin testing in EU 2017/745 rule 21 and animal testing is now banned on skin related products in EU Directive 2003/15/EC enforced since March 2013. As a trusted partner to our CRO (Contract Research Organisation) partners, our disruptive technology is able to enhance the margins of medical device and clinical trial organisations on test subjects. Labskin can double the output of test results requiring fewer test volunteers and lower project management time, delivering faster, more reliable and consistent results for their skin care, health care, wound care and pharmaceutical clients, all at a lower cost to our partners.